Attract Attention Like No Other
One of the most amazing features of Pinterest is that it allows you to curate content by “pinning” the visuals that you see all throughout the platform and placing them on a virtual board that you can customize to your liking.
Did you know that you can use Pinterest as a social media marketing platform that will even yield you some great results? Well, a lot of business owners are actually now using the social media medium much to their delight thanks to its amazingly unique feature.
That being said, you can certainly upload your own visuals, but you can use social media to promote business by just curating some content right from the platform and using them on your own board.
But, how can you make it so that your pins get noticed? Here are some simple yet powerful tips that you can follow:
- Optimize Your Page for Pinterest Search
The vast majority of people use Pinterest the same way they use Google search. They use the search bar that can be found on the platform and they make use of keywords or phrases to find the content that they like.
Armed with this knowledge, all you really have to do now to start is by optimizing your page for Pinterest search.
Here are some ways you can do that:
- Use a Suitable Name- The name of your profile should be about your business. This is so that the search bots will always find you and your board.
- Use Keywords- If you’re pinning content on your board, you have to make sure that you have a common theme. This is so that it will help you find the right keywords to use. You can also use keyword research tools to give you more ideas.
- Use Short Descriptions- Once you pin something, you will have the option to include a short description or a brief caption. You can use some of your keywords there so that it can be easily discovered when someone searches the platform.
- Maintain A Certain Level Of Consistency
Part of effective marketing is a consistent effort. This serves two things: one, it helps people find your pins more readily, thus improving your exposure and traffic. Two, because you’re constantly updating your boards, your audience will think that you are indeed making a conscious effort into improving your boards for everyone to see, thus improving your credibility.
- Timing Is Everything
Depending on who your target audiences are, it is best that you start experimenting with the timing. Although there are no rules set in stone, there are some guidelines that you can follow. First, you upload content any time that is not within the general working hours. Second, posting your content is far more effective in the evening than posting it in the morning. You can follow the 8-11 PM schedule and gauge your results.
- Reuse Older Pins
By updating your content, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to post or curate entirely new things. You can still reuse your older pins that are buried deep in your board and this counts as “updating” your existing board.